Carmel Trash & Recycle Program
|Starting January 1, 2012, the City of Carmel contracted with Republic services to provide trash and curbside recycling service. In 2016, the City re-bid the program and Republic was again the low bidder and was awarded a seven year contract starting January 2017. The City program is required of all residents within City limits. The program allows for three total carts at the monthly price, additional carts will be charged at $5.00 each per month. Trash service and recycle service are picked up weekly
• Trash Routes: Click here for a detailed map of Carmel trash service by day. For an online version of the trash route map, click here.
• Recycle Information and Program Detail:
◦ Click here for Program Detail Brochure
• Program Cost: The cost of the trash and weekly recycling program including a billing service fee are as follows:
◦ 2017 - $11.18
• Alternate Sized Carts: We ask that a 30 day trial period is given to evaluate container size before ordering a different sized container. If you determine that a different sized will better fit you needs call Republic Services at 317-917-7300 and inform the representative of the desired size. Container sizes are 96 and 65 gallon. Please note the footprint of all three container sizes is similar so you are encouraged to go with the larger container size for times when extra capacity is needed.
◦ 2018 - $11.51
◦ 2019 - $11.85
◦ 2020 - $12.20
◦ 2021 - $12.56
◦ 2022 - $12.93
◦ 2023 - $13.31
• Landscape Waste: During the months of April, May and October 15th to December 15th, each household is allowed 20 extra bags or bundles per week of landscape waste.
• Weather Delays: In the event of significant inclement weather, trash and recycling services will run a day behind, so for example Monday service will be picked up on Tuesday. Those who are picked up on Friday would receive service on Saturday. For updated informaton on weather related schedule delay, call the Republic Services voicemail recording at 317-917-7300.
• Extended Absences: If you are going to be away from your home for a month or longer and would like to service and related charges, contact the Carmel Utilities customer service office at317-571-2442. This service is not available for periods less than one month. Please be aware that temporary suspension of service includes all service: water, sewer and trash.
• Special needs Service: For those individuals with special needs and are physically unable to wheel trash carts to the curb, Republicoffers a special service to wheel the cart to the curb. For additional information, contact Republic Services at 317-917-7300 ext. 0.
• Bulky Item Pickup: Bulky items include household furniture, some appliances, bicycles, etc. Special pickup for these items include an additional fee of $10.00 per item to be paid by the resident. Pleasecontact Republic Services at least 48 hours prior to your normal pickup day if you have a heavy or bulky item. Prior arrangements are required. To contact Republic Services, please call: 317-917-7300.
• Christmas Tree Pickup: Each household is allotted 1 Christmas tree pick up for the season. Christmas trees must be cut into 3 to 4 foot lengths for pick up.
• Holiday Schedule: Trash collection will not run on the following holidays:
◦ Memorial Day
◦ July 4th
◦ Labor Day
◦ Thanksgiving Day
◦ Christmas Day
◦ New Years Day
Service will be delayed one day for the remainder of the week following the holiday.Service may also be delayed due to severe weather.
• Questions and Contact Information:
Service and Container Related Issues:
For large item pick-up, broken containers, ordering extra containers, missed trash pick-up, special needs service, recycling questions etc. contact:
Monday through Friday, 7:00am - 5:00pm
For questions about a bill, extended absence notification or unresolved complaints with Republic Services contact:
Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm