Carmel Utilities is proud to have received the following awards.
- Indiana Water Environment Association Outstanding Laboratory Award (2001 through 2022)
- Indiana Water Environment Association Excellence in Safety Award (2022)
- Indiana Geographic Information Council – Excellence in GIS for Large Community (2017)
- Indiana Water Environment Association Biosolids Award (2016)
- Philo Award Professional Video Category First Place Winner – Carmel Wastewater Plant, Headworks Building (2012)
- Community Achievement Award for the Household Hazardous Waste Program from the Indiana Association of Cities and Towns.
- EPA award for outstanding wastewater treatment plant operation.
- Governors Award for Environmental Excellence for Pollution Prevention for the UV wastewater disinfection. (2008)
- Carmel designated a Green Community by the Indiana Association of Cities and Towns (2008)
- Wastewater Treatment Plant process named as a best practice by the National League of Cities (2008)
- American Council of Engineering Co.’s of Indiana Engineering Excellence Award (2006) Wastewater Treatment Plant
WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT CONTINUES EXCELLENCE
2022 IWEA Laboratory Excellence Award:
(left to right) Rachel Calhoun, Lab Analyst
Tara Washington, Wastewater Treatment Plant Manager
Samantha Butts, Lab Analyst
NOT PICTURED: Charlie Lentz, Lab Analyst
2022 IWEA Excellence in Safety Award:
(left to right) Brad Haymaker, Carmel WWTP Safety Committee Chair
RJ Phillips, Carmel WWTP Safety Committee Operations Lead
Duane Jarvis, Carmel WWTP Safety Committee Secretary